About the Event
In 2022, the U.S. Health Care Inflation Rate1 was 4.5% and the median price of a newly marketed drug2 was $222,000. As spend continues to increase, it is more important than ever to ensure your plan and its participants are getting the full value from health care spend. Hear how:
- Your state’s population health and health care spending compare to other states.
- Your organization can address gaps in care to improve outcomes.
- The health care spending growth rate is affected by health plan “inflators” and “deflators.”
- Trends in Prescription Drug Launch Prices, 2008-2001 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9175077/
This event will also be live streamed.
Welcome and Employers Health Year-in-Review
Medical Cost Trend: Behind the Numbers 2024
PwC’s Health Research Institute (HRI) works with health plan sponsors and participants to project the growth of employer medical costs in the coming year and identify the leading trend drivers. Hear from Connie Perry, PharmD and Nathan Scavello from PwC as they uncover health plan “inflators” and “deflators” and describe why and how the health care spending growth rate is affected. This forward-looking data is based on the best available information through June 2023 based on surveys and interviews conducted from April through May 2023 with health plan actuaries whose companies cover nearly 100 million employer-sponsored large and small group members and 10 million ACA marketplace members.
Improving Health Value in Ohio
Amy Rohling McGee, MSW, president of the Health Policy Institute of Ohio will share findings from the organization’s biennial Health Value Dashboard. Hear how health and health care spending in Ohio compares to other states and how benefits professionals and employers can:
- Implement evidence-informed policies and strategies that improve the health of the workforce.
- Support the sandwich generation as they care for both aging parents and young children.
- Contribute to sustainable health care spending and economic vitality.