This job posting service is provided free of charge to clients of Employers Health.
The information in the job posting service is provided exclusively by the individual who is the subject of the posting. Employers Health does not review or have any responsibility to review the correctness or accuracy of the information.
Director, Diversity & Inclusion Advancement – Avient
The Diversity & Inclusion Advancement Director is a critical member of the global HR leadership team with responsibility for driving forward programs focused on acquiring, developing and retaining diverse talent. The leader will interface with leaders globally to review, co-create and/or update Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategies; ensuring they are deployed, tracked and reported on. The incumbent will provide D&I oversight driving intentionality, accountability, and consistency while collaborating with the stakeholders to ensure that Avient talent-related activities are viewed through a D&I lens. This experienced leader will help highlight D&I opportunities and plan measures for accountability and will bring expertise on how to integrate D&I effectively into talent management processes.
- Understand Avient’s strategy and translate D&I efforts to business priorities
- Determine, track and report out on critical D&I metrics. Use data analytics to inform program investment and initiatives. Analyze current state and diversity data by business segment, corporate function and global region to identify best practices and areas of opportunities.
- Act as a subject matter expert and advisor to the Operating Council, business leaders, HR partners and Employee Resource Groups on D&I related initiatives.
- Build opportunities for all global Avient ERG Chairpersons to network and share best practices on a consistent basis.
- Partner with training & organizational development team to ensure D&I content is incorporated into development, learning and engagement programs.
- Partner with talent acquisition to develop actionable D&I recruiting strategies globally and/or regionally specific to ensure diverse candidate slates and appropriate representation throughout the recruitment and hiring processes.
- Advise hiring managers, HR, and Talent Acquisition partners on best practices to reduce bias throughout the selection and hiring process.
- Identify, select, manage, and track D&I external partnerships.
- Partner with the university relations teams to ensure strong partnership with diverse schools and student organizations.
- Represent Avient in the community and partner with external D&I subject matter experts to stay current on the D&I broader external landscape, remaining up to date on best practices, current topics, and legal requirements. Incorporate that knowledge into D&I strategy.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategies that support the retention and advancement of underrepresented groups
- Other projects / duties as assigned
Year 1 Priorities
The above essential functions of the job are critical and will lead us to the ideal state for this role. In order to be successful in this, the incumbent must first focus on the below key priorities in order to build the foundation for the broader initiatives. Success in year 1 will be defined by achieving SMART goals that are built based on the following:
- Advancing Avient diversity demographics through impactful diverse talent attraction strategies with a strong focus on racially diverse talent in US leadership levels.
- Actively coach and guide hiring managers for every leadership opening and assist with pairing potential diverse candidates with openings.
- Determining strategic associations to accelerate diverse campus and professional hiring. Ensure partners can provide impact in Avient’s locations as well as with the critical job functions. Establish & nurture these relationships with leadership involvement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7-10 years of professional experience focused on the diversity and inclusion space
- Degree or certifications in HR including SHRM, PHR, or SPHR preferred
- Experience in managing programs through to completion
- Ability to traverse the tactical, operational, and strategic needs of a growing function, and proven success in an environment of ambiguity and change.
- Collaborative leadership orientation; must be able to build consensus.
- Analytical skills to interpret data, identify and communicate trends and recommend actions based on multiple factors and options.
- Ability to earn trust, collaborate, and maintain positive and professional relationships, with various stakeholders internally and externally.
- Effective communication skills and ability to influence across all levels in the organization.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and use resources effectively
This role requires Competency proficiency at the Leader of the Business level. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- Drives Vision & Purpose – Painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Strategic Mindset – Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
- Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Global Perspective – Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
Learn more and apply at https://avient.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/diversity-inclusion-advancement-director-6216