The Excellence in Benefits Award, presented annually by Employers Health, seeks to recognize an individual who has made meaningful impact in the field and/or delivery of employee benefits. Nominations for the 2020 award are now open and will close on February 17, 2020. Only benefits professionals from EH member organizations are eligible to win, but nominations can be submitted by anyone.
The 2020 award winner will be announced at the Employers Health Annual Innovations in Benefits Conference in Canton, Ohio on May 13, 2020.
To recognize contributions of an outstanding individual in the field of employee benefits.
The evaluation process will be as follow:
- All submissions will be anonymous (e.g., submitter and company information redacted).
- All submissions will be reviewed and scored and by an evaluation panel. The panel will rank submissions based on their contribution to the delivery of employee benefits.
- The highest-ranking submissions will be evaluated by the Employers Health Evaluation Committee to determine the winner.
How to Submit
Only Employers Health Members are eligible to be nominated, but nominations by non-members are encouraged. The following information should be included in each submission:
- General Information – For both nominator and nominee, please provide name, title, company, phone number, email address and affiliation.
- About the Nominee – Describe why the nominee should be recognized and the impact he/she has made in the field/delivery of employee benefits (500 words or less).
- Achieved Outcomes – (e.g., improved health outcomes, realized savings, innovative ideas) Please be specific about the level of cost savings, process improvement, etc that the evaluator should be made aware of.
- Industry & Civic Contributions – Please provide details on any contributions the nominee has made to advance the profession of employee benefits and/or the betterment of the overall workplace.
- Supporting Documentation (optional) – Feel free to provide any additional information or documentation that will be helpful to the review panel regarding nominee.
Any supporting documentation (including resumes, news articles, etc.) or questions, should be submitted via email to Emily Clevenger at Eclevenger@employershealthco.com.
Past Recipients of the Excellence in Benefits Award
|2019 Excellence in Benefits Award Winner, Rachelle Firestone of Kenan Advantage Group||Learn more about the 2019 Excellence in Benefits Award Winner, Rachelle Firestone of Kenan Advantage Group.|
|2018 Excellence in Benefits Award Winner, Violet Vernon of Aerojet Rocketdyne||Learn more about the 2018 Excellence in Benefits Award winner, Violet Vernon, senior manager, human resources at Aerojet Rocketdyne.|
|2017 Excellence in Benefits Award Winner, Jessica Ward of Designer Brands||Learn more about the 2017 Excellence in Benefits Award winner, Jessica Ward, benefits manager at DSW.|