Who We Are
In today’s complicated and consolidating health care market, benefit plan sponsors and their members need solutions that deliver a consistently better experience at a better price. Labor Health Solutions can deliver.
For more than 20 years, group purchasing initiatives through Labor Health Solutions have provided funds the opportunity to deliver high-quality benefits at a better price to more members.
Our Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) program enables plan sponsors to provide access to affordable medications that treat chronic conditions and acute diagnoses. We are able to provide market-leading pricing while ensuring flexibility that protects your plan’s unique features. Plan sponsors get the most from the PBM relationship, while implementing their own plan design strategies, managing vendors or working through established consultants.
Labor Health Solutions is a labor specific initiative of Employers Health, a national coalition of employers, dedicated to supporting the benefits strategies of plan sponsors throughout the U.S. Specifically, Labor Health Solutions is a leading group purchasing organization for Pharmacy Benefits Managmenet (PBM) services.
We have a long history of working with union plans, including:
- Industrial unions
- Plumbers and pipefitters
- The steel and sheet metal industry
- Building and construction industries
- Trucking and transportation unions
- Municipal unions including police and fire unions
- And many more
Our team brings transparency to the PBM relationship, ensuring that participating funds benefit from a tightly managed contract with market-leading pricing and performance guarantees.
What is Group Purchasing
At a basic level, group purchasing leverages the collective purchasing power of individual organizations to obtain better pricing, service and contractual terms than each organization could consistently get on its own over time. In short, plan managers and their participants obtain a better price and a better experience.Labor Health Solutions’ Group Purchasing Program for Pharmacy Benefits Management (PBM) works to reduce overall prescription drug and pharmacy cost trends for Taft-Hartley and other multiemployer plans. In addition to financial savings by using our PBM contract, participants also gain:
- Additional clinical and account management support from Labor Health Solutions staff who offer clear advice on managing your plan and the PBM relationship;
- Audit and contract management by both a third-party auditor and our in-house legal team; and
- Insights and analytics from PBM experts who help ensure the integrity and sustainability of your plan.
Value can be defined as (quality + experience) / price. Our goal at Labor Health Solutions is to help enhance the quality of your benefit program and the experience of your plan participants, all while lowering price. In short, we help you maximize the value of your plan.Labor Health Solutions members contract with OptumRx, a market-leader in the PBM industry and a strong partner with labor funds across the country. As a client of Optum Rx, fund managers and participants will benefit from:
- Transparent contracting and business practices that benefit both the fund and its participants
- Consistent and helpful account management professionals
- Available and caring customer service representatives
- Innovative and trend reducing service offerings, including BriovaRx® specialty pharmacy which provides high-touch comprehensive support for patients with complex and chronic conditions
- Flexibility in retail networks, including allowing plans to exclude specific chains
- Multiple formulary options that allow plans to balance cost with access to certain medications
- Retiree Drug Subsidy (RDS) support and Employer Group Waiver Plan (EGWP) options