Migraine: The Costs & Solutions for Employers
Published: November 4, 2020
Affecting more than 30 million Americans, migraine headache imposes significant costs on employers. Migraine is the fifth most disabling illness in the United States and data currently show that migraines cost employers about $19 billion/year in indirect costs of which 81% can be attributed to lost migraine-related workdays. An often-misunderstood disease, migraines are frequently misdiagnosed and under treated.
During this webinar, you will discover:
• An overview of migraine headache including triggers, diagnosis and testing
• Direct and indirect costs of migraine for employers
• Treatments including new preventative options
• Workplace support and educational programs for employees with migraine
• How to reduce the impact of migraine on your workforce while increasing productivity
Dr. Wayne Burton, Healthcare Strategic Advisor and Consultant; Neil Goldfarb, President and CEO of the Greater Philadelphia Business Coalition on Health; David Hines, Executive Director of Employee Benefits at Metro Nashville Public Schools.