Reports To: Director, Total Rewards
Central Ohio Primary Care is seeking a full-time Benefits Manager as we grow our Total Rewards team at our central business office in Westerville, Ohio. Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards, the Benefits Manager will assist in the development, design, implementation and administration of benefit programs to support the business strategy. Ensures compliance with regulations. Provides support for other total rewards programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the assessment, planning, development, implementation and ongoing evaluation of benefit and wellness programs. Research new benefits programs and policies and develop proposals for program/policy modifications, including the design, impact analysis and budgeting; implement approved plan changes.
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of health & welfare and retirement benefit plans and programs, Maintains strong working relationships with COPC physicians, management, employees and benefit plan providers.
- Prepare and develop communication materials and information about COPC’s benefit programs, procedures, changes and government-mandated disclosures; develop, review and revise Summary Plan Descriptions and related communications as needed.
- Identify strategies for implementing new and revised procedures and programs to streamline processes and improve service delivery. Assist with administration of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) as it relates to the benefits plans. Partners with Payroll to ensure benefit deductions are accurate and discrepancies are resolved.
- Coordinate the annual Open Enrollment process, including HRIS configuration, vendor coordination and employee communication.
- Support the Live Well Work Well Committee by strategizing new ideas to improve population health for our employees and their dependents. —Collaborate with internal and external partners to build new programs, health management tools and resources.
- Assist with RFP development and bid processes for plan vendors/programs. Keep up to date on federal and state legislation and trends affecting benefit plans and policies ensuring compliance with all regulations and reporting requirements.
- Benchmark and participate in market surveys to obtain data on benefit trends, determine competitiveness of benefit offerings and/or to obtain data supporting recommended changes.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or other related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) designation preferred.
- Five to eight years’ experience in a benefits administration role; considerable knowledge and demonstrated work experience in all areas of employee benefit programs.
- Thorough understanding of all applicable federal and state regulations regarding benefits, including Section 125, 401(k), ERISA, ACA, COBRA and HIPAA.
- Experience developing, administering and communicating wellness programs.
- Experience with preparation of proposals, including RFP’s.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding benefits.
- Working knowledge of building and maintaining compensation structures.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong analytic skills, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge and experience with HR Information Systems (HRIS) and related reporting. Experience implementing and administering benefits modules preferred.
- Highly collaborative with the capability to build cross-functional relationships.
- Ability to work on a team and display a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates a high level of confidentiality.
- Possesses customer service-oriented mindset.
Apply for this position at https://www.applicantpro.com/openings/copcp/jobs/1425199