Marketing and Sales Intern
Reports To: Marketing Executive and Team Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This all-encompassing marketing and sales internship position will provide an invaluable learning experience and potential future employment opportunity with a growing organization. You will learn the ins-and-outs of marketing, events and sales and how the three work together. This intern position will offer an in-depth look into the world of employee benefits; how to build effective communications, long-term relationships and impactful solutions. The ideal candidate will be energetic, self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects and vendors. He/she will bring to the table excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills. The paid internship position will be based in the organization’s Canton, Ohio office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain marketing lists in the organization’s Customer Relationship Management Platform (CRM) system and conduct list audits and clean-up
- Assist in tracking of event registration and attendance through CRM
- Attend and assist at company events where and when appropriate
- Support event team with continuing education credit submissions and tracking as needed
- Assist in web content creation, posts and maintenance
- Special attention to proofreading and a focus on brand compliance
- Support production and distribution of invites, newsletters, blogs and other communications with special attention to proofreading/editing
- Learn the Employers Health (EH) prospecting and sales process; understanding the importance of data mining, CRM and how the right information can benefit the sales team
- Become proficient in populating Salesforce® and Pardot with accurate data
- Participate in and contribute to various team meetings
- Work collaboratively with members of the marketing and sales teams to develop and execute creative strategies that support member retention, engagement and development opportunities
- Respond quickly, thoroughly and accurately to internal/external requests and meet established deadlines for assigned projects
- Identify areas to contribute that assist the sales and marketing teams and create efficiencies
- Proficient in business technology, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with WordPress (CSS, HTML), Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce and Pardot a plus
- Interest and/ or experience in digital marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) and Google Analytics a plus
- Strong professional presence including excellent verbal and written communication and exceptional proofreading skills
- A self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and in teams, with a focus on being resourceful
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Focused attention to punctuality, preparedness and organization
- Results-oriented and high energy
Education and Experience Required:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with an emphasis or focus in business, marketing, sales, health care or a related discipline or equivalent internship experience
- Demonstrated desire to pursue a career in marketing and/or business development
- Valid driver’s license
- Available approximately 20 hours per week
- No supervisory responsibility.
Please send resume and cover letter with “Marketing and Sales Intern” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about working at Employers Health here.
This JOB DESCRIPTION is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the people assigned this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills of the personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.