Director, Payroll Administration
Job open date: Thursday, October 3, 2019
Job close date: Tuesday, November 05, 2019
Job Title: Director, Payroll Administration
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
The Director of Payroll Administration, located in Massillon, OH, plans, leads, directs, develops, and coordinates the policies, programs and activities of the Human Resource/Payroll Administration function within the organization. Ensures legal compliance in all areas of talent acquisition while supporting the company’s culture, mission and values.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops coordinates, and implements policies, processes of the company’s human resource information system to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Acts as a primary HR liaison with Store Operations (Regional Managers & District Supervisors); supports store management through coaching and training.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation and bonus plans, disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; and various employee incentive programs.
- Tracks various employee lifecycle actions such as hiring, terminations, turnover and labor budgets. Communicates results to Sr. Level Store Operations, Executive Management & Peer HR team members.
- Ensures compliance tracking with Federal and State authorities such as Dept. of Homeland Security, Work Opportunity Tax Credit, etc.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) and provides various types of data and information to Sr. Level Management.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Performs other duties as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Education and Experience Required:
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.