Data Analytics Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Data Analytics Specialist is responsible for meeting specific analytic requests of Employers Health plan sponsors as it relates to their medical and pharmacy benefit plans. This position works in collaboration with other members of the Analytics team to manage data warehouse vendors, pull both ad hoc and standard reports, analyze reports and present findings. This position will be responsible for meeting requests of both Employers Health members and internal leadership. Additionally, the Data Analytics Specialist will assist the Client Solutions and Business Development staff to complete pharmacy and data warehouse pricing analyses both for prospective and existing clients. The Specialist will attain an understanding of PBM pricing structures and be able to understand and clearly communicate the results of any PBM pricing analysis. The position will require excellent organizational skills and sharp attention to detail. This position has access to highly confidential information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Pulling data/running reports from Rx.Navigator, and other vendor analytical tools to support reporting needs of EHPC members and staff.
- Each year, plan and complete a market check savings analysis for all Employers Health PBM participating groups.
- Analyze, understand and communicate detailed plan performance information for the top 10% of Employers Health participating groups.
- Analyze, understand and communicate plan performance information for Employers Health clients that elect certain consultant services.
- Develop reports using statistics and charts for analytic purposes.
- Proofread and verify accuracy of reports.
- Create PBM re-pricing analyses for potential clients and existing clients as requested by EHPC members and staff.
- Track and coordinate the completion of necessary analytical follow-up as requested by PBM and/or other purchasing members.
- Develop appropriate benchmarking for the Employers Health book of business and appropriate member-specific requests.
- Create and deliver requested reporting to leadership.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook and a basic understanding of SQL.
- Understanding of database architecture.
- Ability to execute tactically while understanding strategic impacts.
- Basic understanding of health benefits principles.
- Basic understanding of medical terminology and payment systems.
- Strong analytical skills, as evidenced by competency in analytic language.
- Must be a self-starter who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintains knowledge of HIPAA privacy policies and security regulations.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or related degree
- 5% travel required
Location: Dublin, OH
- No supervisory responsibilities
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include “Data Analytics Specialist” in the subject line.
This JOB DESCRIPTION is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the people assigned this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills of the personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.