Business Development Executive
Reports To: Chief Strategy Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Located in Canton, Ohio, Dublin, Ohio or a remote position, the Business Development Executive is a member of the Sales & Marketing team at Employers Health, responsible for managing the sales process in an assigned territory with the ultimate goal of growing revenue for the organization. The sales process includes the development and execution of strategies and/or tactics that identify and qualify prospective clients, positively build professional relationships with key contacts and third-party consultants, deliver effective presentations and proposals and follow-through to closing, contracting and implementation. Success is measured by achievement of key process indicators, outcomes including new revenue secured and other business measures as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and execute an annual sales plan for the assigned territory, including the development of a written sales strategy and execution of a structured tactical plan that ensures achievement of both short-term and long-term sales targets;
- Gather essential information on prospective clients, including key contacts, number of enrolled employees, consultant relationships, current suppliers and plan designs;
- Learn and stay current on best practices for pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and on the industry as a whole;
- Deliver presentations directly to prospective clients on the Employers Health value proposition and purchasing programs, particularly for PBM;
- Develop professional relationships directly with prospective clients and with key consultants in assigned territory with the goal of increasing bid opportunities and win rates;
- Maintain accurate and timely sales pipeline and activity reports in Salesforce;
- Direct solicitation of potential members using cold-calling, email, direct mail, social networking and face-to-face meetings;
- Work in conjunction with other members of the sales & marketing team to develop marketing materials and presentations;
- Develop positive working relationships with sales personnel from supplier organizations;
- Represent the company at relevant conferences and trade shows in the assigned territory or nationally, as assigned;
- Assist other staff members with projects on an as-needed basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Salesforce or similar CRM system
- Demonstrated relationship building skills;
- Effective communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Ability to learn and articulate complex concepts related to pharmacy benefits administration and health care benefits;
- Strong professional presence;
- Focused attention to punctuality, preparedness and organization;
- Results-oriented and high energy;
- Ability to achieve short term targets while managing a long-term process.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university;
- Relevant experience, either in sales or a health care benefits-related organization;
- Ability to travel overnight and work outside of the normal 8-5 workday when needed.
- 20%-30% Travel Required including overnight, in and out of state.
- No supervisory responsibilities
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This JOB DESCRIPTION is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the people assigned this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills of the personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.