Business Intelligence Analyst
Reports To: Senior Vice President, PBM Contracting and Strategy
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for helping drive our data transformation initiative and expand our data capabilities. This position reports to the Senior Vice President, PBM Contracting and Strategy and will help develop and map data workflows, automate data delivery processes for internal and external clients, analyze data to solve key business problems and contribute to the overall data strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their requirements and then design, build and test solutions to meet those requirements, partnering with other teams as necessary
- Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios
- Streamline and automate data workflows and validate data accuracy
- Build custom dashboards and develop data models for consumption
- Assist in the development of organizational data strategy, adoption and growth
- Hands-on experience and proficiency in SQL, including design, architecture, data transformation and writing advanced queries
- High proficiency in Tableau
- Detail oriented, self-starter
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex data problems
- Ability to work with team or independently on multiple projects
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent collaboration and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong experience and talent for working cross functionally to ensure end-to-end functional requirements and technical implementation considerations are understood and accepted
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, analytics, data science or similar field
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience in advanced AI/ML models (e.g. random forests and ensemble models for predictive modeling)
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical terminology and the Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) industry
- Master’s degree strongly preferred
- 5% travel required
- No supervisory responsibilities
The Company, Employee Benefits and How to Apply
Founded in 1983, Employers Health provides resources, tools and expertise to help large self-funded plan sponsors deliver access to high-quality health benefits at a sustainable cost. Employers Health accomplishes this through education, networking and group purchasing programs. The organization maintains a particular expertise in pharmacy benefits.
Employers Health provides large-company competencies in a small-company environment. Our employee benefits package rivals Fortune 50 companies and includes medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, behavioral health, disability (short and long-term), student loan repayment program, financial and estate planning services, 401 (k), profit sharing, incentive compensation and an extremely generous PTO package including a company-wide “shut down” during the Christmas/New Year’s Day week. Employers Health was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
For more information about Employers Health, visit www.employershealthco.com. For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to the attention of Garrett Brown at email@example.com. All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for the position.
Candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This JOB DESCRIPTION is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the people assigned this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills of the personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Nothing in this job description should be construed as creating any type of employment contract.