About The Event
When we meet on November 19, America will have voted for its president for the next four years. Join us virtually to hear from employee benefits expert, Jim Klein, President, American Benefits Council as he shares how our new leader’s agenda will affect employers and their health benefit plans in the coming years. Jim will provide expert insight into:
- Short and long-term legislative and regulatory implications and what is likely to transpire in the regulatory arena depending on the outcome of the elections.
- Forthcoming landmark judicial decisions including two decisions The U.S. Supreme Court is slated to render in the coming months with significant implications for health policy and the likely Congressional response depending on whether the laws are upheld or struck down.
- Rutledge v. PCMA is the first case determining the scope of ERISA preemption that the Supreme Court has heard since two new justices joined the court.
- Texas v. California, will be heard by the justices the week of the Employers Health annual meeting, marking the third time the high court has ruled on the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act.
- How the pandemic may permanently change employee benefits and the role of benefits professionals. The pandemic has shined a spotlight on the importance of certain types of employee benefits that will likely play a larger role in total compensation and in the responsibilities of benefits professionals.
Mike Stull, Chief Strategy Officer at Employers Health, will also announce the 2020 recipient of the Excellence in Benefits Award and share the accomplishments and challenges faced by the coalition and its clients in 2020.