As a resource for benefits professionals throughout the country, our team has compiled a list of helpful sites for employers on the COVID-19 vaccine, including topics such as availability, when their employees may be able to receive the vaccine and the legalities surrounding vaccinations for employees.
- The National Governors Association outlines how and when each state plans to roll out the vaccination to different populations/demographics. View their state-by-state timetable of COVID-19 vaccine allocations here.
- Immunization Managers: This website provides contact information for the immunization managers within each state. They are potentially helpful resources for the organization as its participants get closer to their applicable phase to receive immunizations.
- The CDC has created a FAQ about COVID-19 Vaccination, including helping people make informed decisions about the vaccine.
- What Employers Can Do If Workers Refuse a COVID-19 Vaccination from SHRM
- Can and Should U.S. Employers Force Employees to take the COVID-19 Vaccine? from The National Law Review
- Vaccines and Your Employees: What You Need to Know by Employers Health Clinical Pharmacist, Kelsey Dieters
Many employers are striving to get employees vaccinated as quickly as possible. In preparation, some Employers Health clients have begun exploring, or offering, incentives to employees who receive the vaccination. A recent USA Today article, provides insight on the innovative ways employers are encouraging their employees to get the vaccine. Managing benefits during a pandemic has brought on a unique set of challenges, and Employers Health, along with our PBM providers, will continue to update you with new information as it becomes available.