Sales Operations Intern
Job open date: Wednesday, March 1, 2017Job close date: Open until filled
Job Title: Sales Operations Intern
Reports To: Chief Marketing Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: This all-encompassing sales internship position will provide an invaluable learning experience and potential employment opportunity for the right candidate. This role will allow the right person to gain knowledge of the ever-changing health care and insurance industries. You will learn how sales in the fast-paced corporate benefits arena evolves from prospecting and data mining, relationship development to executing contracts. This intern position will offer an in-depth look into the world of employee benefits; how to build effective communications, long-term relationships and impactful solutions. All of this takes places in a fun and engaging corporate environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Learn the Employers Health (EH) prospecting and sales process; understanding the importance of data mining, Customer Relationship Management Platform (CRM) and how the right information can benefit the sales team
- Become proficient in mining prospect data and populating Salesforce®
- Gather meaningful competitive intelligence
- Review industry publications and websites to understand current industry developments, vendors and client influencers
- Participate and contribute in various sales team meetings
- Identify areas to contribute that assist the sales team and create efficiencies
- Respond quickly, thoroughly and accurately to internal/external customer requests and meet established deadlines for assigned projects
- Work with marketing counterparts to integrate messaging with Salesforce® and create effective “drip campaigns”
- Proficient in business technology, including Microsoft Office and CRM tools such as SalesForce® a plus
- Demonstrated desire to pursue a career in business development or account management in a health care related field
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with various associates (internal/external clients and executive management)
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Strong professional presence
- Focused attention to punctuality, preparedness and organization
- Results-oriented and high energy
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with an emphasis or focus in business, marketing, sales, health care or a related discipline or equivalent internship experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Available approximately 20 hours per week
- No supervisory responsibilities
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
This JOB DESCRIPTION is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the people assigned this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills of the personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Through education programs, benchmarking surveys and networking opportunities, members can REALIZE their potential to implement cutting-edge benefit strategies.
With our collective strategy programs, members’ unique strategies are MAXIMIZED through the use of group purchasing solutions.
Advisor solutions customized to help plan sponsors ADVANCE their benefit strategies and organizational performance.
Plan sponsors can ACCELERATE their strategies to deliver comprehensive health benefits through a trusted team of advisors encouraging a culture of health.