Account Management Intern
Job open date: Thursday, May 25, 2017Job close date: Open until filled
Job Title: Account Management Intern
Reports To: Vice President, Account Management
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Summary: This all-encompassing account management internship position will provide an invaluable learning experience and potential employment opportunity for the right candidate. This role will allow the right person to gain knowledge of the health insurance industry from the perspective of the consumer and health insurance vendors. All of this takes places in a fun, collaborative and engaging corporate environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn the Employers Health account management strategy and process;
- Become proficient in utilizing and populating Salesforce;
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the Employers Health purchasing programs and services;
- Review industry publications and websites to understand current industry developments, vendors and client influencers;
- Participate and contribute in various account management team meetings;
- Identify areas to contribute that assist the account management team and create efficiencies;
- Respond quickly, thoroughly and accurately to internal/external customer requests and meet established deadlines for assigned projects;
- Secure and present data and analyses to account managers and assist the team with interpreting and evaluating data; and
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration that foster an engaged and highly productive team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce or similar CRM system a plus;
- Demonstrated desire to pursue a career in account management in a health care related field;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to effectively collaborate with various associates (internal/external clients and executive management);
- Effective communication, presentation, planning and prioritization skills;
- Ability to influence, persuade and build trust to achieve desired outcomes;
- Exceptional client service and relationship building skills;
- Focused attention to detail, punctuality, preparedness and organization;
- Strong professional presence; and
- Results-oriented and high energy.
Education and Experience Required:
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university
- Valid driver’s license
- Available approximately 20 hours per week
- No supervisory responsibilities
All applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for the position.
- Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This JOB DESCRIPTION is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the people assigned this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills of the personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Nothing in this job description should be construed as creating any type of employment contract.
Through education programs, benchmarking surveys and networking opportunities, members can REALIZE their potential to implement cutting-edge benefit strategies.
With our collective strategy programs, members’ unique strategies are MAXIMIZED through the use of group purchasing solutions.
Data analytics and advisor solutions help plan sponsors ADVANCE their benefit strategies and organizational performance.
Plan sponsors can ACCELERATE their strategies to deliver comprehensive health benefits through a trusted team of advisors encouraging a culture of health.